Monday, August 15, 2011

Legal market in DC?

Ok, I have to say that I find yahoo answers incredibly helpful. This is a farily specialized question but I always get wonderful feedback, so I'm going to give it a try. I'm a lawyer. I went to a top tier school (Wake Forest) and graduated in the top 30%. I then clerked for a federal judge at the district court level and have spent the last two years at a 13-lawyer firm in the south doing insurance defense. I have gained wonderful litigation experience and have had the oppprtunity to do things most young lawyers are not allowed. I have been looking for a job in DC for months. I thought I was at a perfect point in my career to make a lateral move but I'm not having any luck w/the job search. I'm using 2 recruitors and am also searching on my own. Is the DC market really this snobby that someone from a top tier school who did reasonably well can't get a job? Or is the economy this bad? I guess there are other reasons as well, such as bad luck etc. Anyone with any opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment