Sunday, August 14, 2011

Have to give my cat of 9 yrs up to a rescue?

I have had my cat since she was born although I could not take her until she was 6 wks old. She started having accidents when I brought her home and I had an older cat that has been deceased for 2yrs now. I think she despised having another cat around. She ruined a loveseat by peeing on it. Luckily I did not use it and no one sat on it. It was in an empty room. I had moved into a rental house from an apartment. When I met my husband and we moved to our own house she was fine for 2yrs and then when we had our daughter who is now 17 mos old our cat started doing the accidents again. We had 2 couches in our lower part of our bilevel house. It was a family room that we used sometimes. When my daughter learned to walk and talk alot at 13 mos our cat started the accidents again. She ruined 2 couches and b/c of the urine seeping down she ruined some of our laminate flooring. We had to throw them away b/c that is unsanitary. Then she started peeing upstairs out of spite b/c the couches were gone. She has pee'd on the living room wood laminate 2x and the bathroom 2x. I have taken her to the vet. She has no UTI's and no kidney stones or anything that would cause it except for the stress of our daughter. Our daughter does not touch her she laughs and smiles when she sees her and our cat runs and hides. Our daughter has never touched her and if she could of I would not let her pull on her tail or anything like that. I hate when people let their kids do that stuff to their animals. It is cruel. So my husband contacted a rescue center who is taking her on Sunday 6/5/11 and it is very hard for me and I feel that she does not want to be here anymore b/c of my daughter. I have put up with a lot from my cat and I love her, but it is not sanitary for my daughter, and other people. I keep a clean home. I clean her litterbox and give her food and water. I have to put her in a downstairs room at night b/c that is when she would pee upstairs. I cannot keep her locked up and I want her to go to a good family who has no children, the rescue center has agreed that she cannot, and people to take care of her and love her. I could not bear to send her to a shelter and her be there forever. She is a Siamese and the rescue center is a siamese cat rescue center that screens people that are interested in adopting their cats. She will go to a foster home 1st where they will see how she is in the enviroment to get a feel of what typee of people she would be able to be adopted by. So after this HUGE story. I feel like a horrible person and that I am just giving her away and I do not feel i can be here when they come for her but feel I should. I feel so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment